Sunday, July 2, 2017

Cards 1-5 January 2017 My Monthly Hero Card Kit

Hello everyone,
I am super excited to bring you another video showcasing fabulous January 2017 Card Kit by Hero Arts filled with amazing stamps, inks and dies. In the first part I am going to show you 5 different techniques you can use with your mini ink cubes. 


My monthly hero kits are packed with stamps and dies. 
Great quality is guaranteed and I had amazing time playing with them.

I´d like to mention that I have used Pool Mix Layering Papers throughout the video.
 I have ordered them with the independently with the previous card kit and I am very satisfied with them. Colors match perfectly with the inks called Tide pool and Soft pool, they are sturdy and white inside so you have no problem to write the message inside.  You can order them in hero arts shop here
  

Plus you can buy coordinating envelopes as well. 
Hero arts  are well known for the decorative edges on their envelopes. We had possibility to try all the colors in the card kit and I love them very much. If you wish, you can buy them separately as well - here


Just because there were 5 different mini ink cubes included in the kit, I have decided to demonstrate different techniques how to use them. 
There is continuous discussion if stampers should buy large or mini ink cubes.
This time, I am going to show you that there are plenty reasons why you should consider buying the minis :)

Card 1 - Stamping 


The most obvious technique, I know. As you can see, you don´t have to limit yourself and combine just pinks. Go further and combine pink with red, and red with black to create interest on your card and on your little stamped roses.

The vase is colored with Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens - Aquamarine and Moonstone.
Love the wood grain cardstock !!!

Card 2 - Ink Blending


 We tend to forget about it but you can use any kind of ink pad for ink blending.
I love to use my Mini Round Mini Ink Blending tool by Ranger.
Combine different colors of embossing powder to create other types of backgrounds for different occasions.  I went this time with classic combination of white and gold.



Card 3 - Watercoloring

Nothing is better than traditional watercolor supplies, that´s for sure and I have to point it out here at the beggining.
But if you are new to crafting or you just want to experiment before buying serious arts stuff, this is awesome feature of all dye inks.
Just press it against your acrylic block or left piece of acetate, spray it with some water to dilute it a little bit ... and watercolor :)
  


I have created rose wreath in beautiful shades of mint and turquoise.
After long time I have used my silver embossing powder and I really loved it.
Little silver gems and 4 mm Sparkling Clear Cupped Sequins by Pretty Pink Posh for a settle shimmer and embellishment.


Card 4 - Ink Smooshing

 Great technique to create interesting and organic watercolor backgrounds.
You´ll see the "procedure" in my video.
However I forgot to mention that I have used also Lucky clover Distress Ink along with the Mint Julep and Tide pool inks . 


I am still amazed how great the paper with the envelope match together



I have used also the Sparkle Embossing powder by Hero arts

Card 5  - Faux Brush Strokes

Lately my favorite technique with the minis.
If you don´t have the brush stamp or you just like the look, well this is perfect for you.
Just tilt the ink cube and press just with one side, swipe along your paper. Repeat as many times as needed. I have used the Gold Rich Pale Embossing powder by Wow but you can use any kind of gold or even white embossing powder.
  

Now let´s watch the video I have prepared for you: 


 
This card kit is of course sold out, but there are many products from the kit as well as stamp sets released with the card kit still available :

I hope I´ve given you some inspiration. 
Let me know if you prefer mini or the regular ink cubes?
Which one is your favorite technique with the minis ?

I have 5 new card tutorials prepared for you, so stay tuned : )
Thanks for visiting my blog  & watching my video
  

No comments:

Post a Comment