Tuesday, February 17, 2015

How to glue down your die-cuts ?



Hello everyone,
I would like to show you a simple but very effective way how to glue down your diecuts. 


Prajem krásny deň,
dnes by som vám chcela ukázať jednoduchý, ale veľmi efektívny spôsob ako prilepiť papierové výrezy. tento tutoriál bol vytvorený pre Paperoamo a celý postup v slovenčine si môžete pozrieť na TOMTO ODKAZE. 
Vopred ďakujem za vaše lajky a komentáre.
 
I have a lot of glues - different kinds & shapes but all the time I have the same problem: how to glue down this or that + what type of adhesive should I use ? 



I do have a problem - I always have a feeling that I put too little glue and later everything will fall apart. You can imagine having this problem with delicate dies ... and then I have found a way how to solve this problem. One video has changed my life. Maybe you´ll find this idea helpful, too.


First, let´s find out which dies are suitable for this technique:
* wafer thin dies - metal dies without foam - sometimes they are called thinlits or framelits as well. It depends on the producer and the shop who sells them .
* big and heavy black dies by Sizzix called BIGz.
 


Dies with foam called Sizzlits Dies are not suitable for this technique. The die can´t create enough pressure to cut the tape.



What do you need for this project ?
- double sided tape in roll ( obligatory)
- bone folder (optional )
- paper / fun foam / felt / chipboard ... anything up to 2 mm of its thickness




- we will need also Big Shot and your favourite wafer thin dies 




1.  Apply the tape on the bottom part of your paper. Try to make no gaps in between the lines of glue... the best is to have none :-)




I have to confess to a big scapbook sin - I like to use big & wide tape which I buy at stationary store or office supplies and it´s possible that it´s toxic and involves lignin ... :-O it´s super strong and it´s so practical to use it. 



2. It´s better to secure the tape and run it over with your bone folder. It´s optional because if you run it through your Big Shot Machine there will be enough pressure to seal the paper with the tape.



3. When everything is ready we can die cut our little embellishments. 



4. I´d like to show you how small these die cuts are in real life so I compare them with a match :-)






5. If you want to use them, you can pull apart the backing foil easily with your nail or your trimmer.  


6. I was thinking about using this technique for those of you who don´t have the Big Shot (meanwhile :-)))
I got an idea you can use it by cutting your little images.




Repeat the whole procedure and cut out your images. This way it will be prepared for gluing immediately :-)


This technique has so many advantages:
- colours and patterns on your layouts / cards will always match perfectly
- you can glue down little and delicate die cuts fast and easily
- never again oozing glue on undesirable places :-)
- way how to create your own embellishments, die cuts, chipboards and alphabets

I have used some of the die cuts created during this tutorial for postcards. Here is a little sample 



I hope you liked this tutorial. I wish you a happy paper crafting :-)


 























No comments:

Post a Comment